'Mediocrity is self inflicted, but genius is self-bestowed,'
~ Walter Russell
In the previous post, I looked at why mediocrity is self-inflicted. So in this post, we'll look at why genius is 'self-bestowed'.
Genius is the exceptional, fully-alive, creative part of your thinking mind. How is that genius self-bestowed?
Genius is self-bestowed in the following ways:
1. By acknowledging that you are a genius. You were born with a brain capable of astonishing acts of learning, creativity and wisdom.
2. By affirming your genius. Thinking of yourself as a genius empowers your thinking. You start to live up to your self-image.
3. By a commitment to being fully alive. This involves giving yourself a good prod in the head every day. Wake up in there!
4. By utilising the thinking tools that have been made available to you. This includes such things as mind maps, image streaming, brainstorming, scamper, meditation, other creative thinking exercises, software or techniques.
5. Changing habits of indolence and sloth for habits of creativity, productivity and high energy.
6. Questioning what is. To do this you need to be more aware. You need to be able to face what is.
7. Increasing your capacity for love and gratitude. The more loving and thankful you are, the more passion and joy you will have for living.
8. Expanding your mental map. Genius is ultimately spiritual, compassionate and all-inclusive.
There's only one mind. And it's all yours.